CSK outcast Narayan Jagadeesan has emerged as a south paw in the ongoing Vijay Hazare Trophy. On Monday he smashed an individual score of 277 runs in just 141 deliveries to smash several records.
Having already scored 4 centuries on the trot, Jagadeesan took the field against Arunachal Pradesh as a man on a mission. He already had levelled the record for most centuries in a tournament.
Narayan Jagadeesan 277 will be etched in history of List A cricket
But his aim was much higher than that. And achieved all of it in the inning against Arunanchal Pradesh.
Jagadeesan had a relatively slower start to his inning. He took 77 balls to reach his first hundred. However, nobody had the whiff of the carnage that was about to follow.
The next hundred came in just 37 deliveries. And Jagadeesan ended the inning with a total of 277 runs to his name.
In the process of achieving this feat, he went past several big names like Shikhar Dhawan, Prithvi Shaw, Alistair Brown and even the current Indian Skipper Rohit Sharma.
Narayan Jagadeesan became the highest run scorer in List A cricket.
Top 10 Highest runs in List A cricket
|Narayan Jagadeesan||Tamil Nadu||277|
|DJM Short||West Australia||257|
|Shikhar Dhawan||India A||248|
|Martin Guptil||New Zealand||237|
|Travis Head||South Australia||230|
|RG Pollock||E. Province||222|
List of records broken by Jagadeesan
- Not only did he managed to score the highest individual total in List A, but also ensured a unique feat that was never achieved earlier. Jagadeesan became the first batter in Vijay Hazare to smash 5 consecutive hundreds.
- His knock of 277 helped Tamil Nadu become the first team in List A cricket to breach the 500-run mark. The previous best was by England who scored 498/4 against Netherlands.
- Jagadeesan also became the joint fastest batter to reach 200. Travis Head of Australia took similar number of deliveries (114) in a game against Queensland.
- Jagadeesan scored at a strike rate of 196.45 to achieve his 200. This helped him get past the previous best of 181.1 again held by Travis Head.
- The Jagadeesan – Sudarshan partnership of 416 runs for the first wicket became the highest partnership ever shared by a pair for any wicket in List A cricket. Previous best was registered by Gayle and Samuels for 372 against Zimbabwe in2015.
- 15 sixes by Jagadeesan in the inning of 277 was most by any batter in Vijay Hazare Trophy. Yashasvi Jaiswal held the previous best with 12 sixes in his knock of 203 against Jharkhand.