There is a new kid in the building.
Arsenal isn’t hesitant to provide their academy players opportunities, are they? Bukayo Saka, Eddie Nkettiah, and Emile Smith Rowe are among their current Academy prospects. Ethan Chidiebere Nwaneri, the newest and youngest player, made his debut in the last stages of the game, replacing Fabio Viera. This is an amazing achievement for someone who is still in school, as he now holds the record for the youngest player to ever feature in the Premier League, shattering Harvey Elliot’s previous record.
Here are some interesting facts about the Ethan Chidiebere Nwaneri
1) He was born on March 21, 2007.
2) He was in primary school when former manager Unai Emery was in charge.
3) He wasn’t even born when Arsenal moved to the Emirates.
4) Nwaneri is a #10 attacking midfielder recognized for his attacking flair and mobility off the ball.
5) According to Arsenal sources, he has the versatility to play out wide.
6) He joined the Arsenal academy when he was nine years old and made the Under-18 team when he was only fourteen.
7) Nwaneri, who has represented England at the U16 level, has recently broken into the U21s, and Mikel Arteta has called him up to first-team training.
8) He surpassed the mark for the youngest player to make his debut, which had been held by former Sunderland goalkeeper Derek Forster since August 1965, by FOUR days.
9) He attends St. John’s Senior school in Enfield.
10) He has six England under-16 appearances and three England under-17 appearances in 2022.
He has broken the record held by our former club legend Cesc Fabregas for the youngest Arsenal player to make his debut. Arsenal has had some tremendous talent come from Hale End, and he is unquestionably one to watch. He personifies the adage “if you’re good enough, you’re old enough.” Cheers, all good.